NICHD Solicits Feedback on Strategic Plan
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) has issued a Request for Information (RFI) to solicit feedback on its new strategic plan. NICHD is seeking input from a variety of individuals (e.g., researchers, health care professionals, patient and family advocates, scientific/professional organization members), and representatives are especially interested in collecting comments or suggestions related to the following proposed research themes:
- Understanding early human development
- Setting the foundation for a health pregnancy and lifelong wellness
- Promoting gynecological, andrological, and reproductive health
- Identifying sensitive time periods to optimize health interventions
- Improving health during the transition from adolescence to adulthood
- Ensuring safe and effective therapeutics and devices
Specific goals and opportunities associated with each of these research themes are included in the RFI in the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Guide.
This RFI represents a unique opportunity for stakeholders to help determine the research that NICHD will support over the next five years. Those who wish to provide feedback may send a response via email to NICHDStrategicPlan@nih.gov with the subject line “RFI Response.” All responses must be sent no later than Friday, February 15, 2019 in order to ensure consideration.
Written by Katelyn Jones, Fellow, Contraceptive Technology Innovation Exchange
Categorised in: Uncategorized